Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at KnifeArt.com LLC, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. Knifeart.com is dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy applies to Knifeart.com’s online information practices for you to understand how personal information is collected, used and disclosed via this website.
What Data is Collected
Knifeart.com may collect the following information about you:
- Contact information: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers;
- When an order is placed, payment card details;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Your online browsing activities on Knifeart.com’s website, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information generated while you are using this website, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use this website;
- Your geographic location;
- Your correspondence and communication with KnifeArt.com, including feedback and survey responses;
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shard via a public platform (such as public Facebook page or Twitter feed); or
This list is not exhaustive and, in certain circumstances, Knifeart.com may need to collect additional data for the purposes stated in this policy.
How Your Data is Collected
Use of certain features and functions of this website may require you to submit personally identifiable information to Knifeart.com. We may collect any information you voluntarily share with us directly via this website. This information may also be collected by a third party vendor, supplier or contractor who has your consent to pass your details to Knifeart.com or from publicly available sources.
How Your Data is Collected from Third Parties
Knifeart.com may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. Knifeart.com may purchase marketing data about customers from third parties to create more tailored advertising and products. Knifeart.com may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
If you provide Knifeart.com personal information about others, or if others give Knifeart.com your information, that information will only be used for the specific reason for which it was provided.
Children Under 13
Knifeart.com abides by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This website is intended for persons 18 years or older and is not designed to attract children under the age of 13. Knifeart.com does not permit children under 13 to register on this website and does not knowingly sell or ship any orders to any persons under the age of 18. Anyone under the age of 18 using this website should only do so with participation from a parent or other guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at contact page - Knifeart.com will delete such information within a reasonable time.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or reply with the subject line “unsubscribe”.
Knifeart.com’s Cookies Policy
This website utilizes the following tools cookies, web beacons or statistical identifiers to capture IP address information and other viewing information to improve performance of this website.
- Cookies: small text files that may be placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may include “single-session cookies” (which generally record information during only a single visit to a website and then are erased) or “persistent cookies” (which are generally stored on a computer unless or until they are deleted or set to expire). First party cookies are placed by us. Third party cookies may be placed by a third party.
- Web beacons or pixel tag: tools that we may send to you to help us determine whether a page has been viewed or action taken. A pixel tag is a type of web beacon embedded in an image on the website. This website may have pixel tags from vendors.
These tools may be placed on web browsers to serve ads based on past visits to this website or collect information about your use of this website, such as tracking the internet browser most commonly used to access the website, the pages that are most popular, products purchased or your journey around a website. These tools cannot give access to your computer or any information stored on your computer. These tools are created and managed by parties outside of KnifeArt.com’s control. When utilizing these applications, Knifeart.com is subject to the usage terms of any third party service provider furnishing the cookie or tracking tool. Knifeart.com uses this information to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates, to collect browsing information and shopping patterns and for technical purposes essential to effective operation of this website, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation. All data collected will be used in accordance with this policy and the privacy policies of any third party service provider as identified below. Please read all third party privacy policies before using this website.
How To Disable Cookies
Generally, this website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making a purchase on this website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on this website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers please consult the help files for your particular browser.
How Your Data is Protected
KnifeArt.com maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected via this website including: secure hosting (https) protocol, secure socket layers (SSL) for payment data transaction and our hosting by Verizon/Yahoo Small Business fully complies with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). However, no security system is impenetrable and KnifeArt.com cannot guarantee the complete security of this website, nor that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. We are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
Our website is hosted via Verizon’s Yahoo Small Business, with more information on their security please visit: https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN18356
Our payment card transaction are made via PayPal & Braintree Payments, with more information on their security please visit:
Legal Basis for Using Your Data
Knifeart.com only relies on consent as a legal basis for processing personal information in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, Knifeart.com will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Knifeart.com collects and uses personal information because it is required for compliance with: its legal obligations, its duties and rights under a contract for a sale of goods to a customer or its legitimate interests.
Knifeart.com’s legitimate interests include:
- Selling and supplying goods to customers;
- Protecting customers and other individuals;
- Fulfilling duties to customers and other individuals;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising products;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers’ activities, preferences and needs;
- Administering this website and business;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime or fraud, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, inquiries and complaints;
- Protecting Knifeart.com and its customers by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Knifeart.com; or
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Knifeart.com.
How Your Data Is Used
Except as otherwise disclosed at the point of collection, KnifeArt.com does not trade, rent, sell, loan, lease, use for secondary or unrelated purposes or share with any third party any personal information it collects.
Your personal information collected pursuant to this policy may be used to:
- Provide you electronic marketing communications to update you on products
- Understand and deliver advertisements and make them more relevant to you;
- Provide a better experience for KnifeArt.com website users;
- Administer KnifeArt.com website and business;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about Knifeart.com users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information); or
- Respond to inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to this website.
How Your Data Is Disclosed
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information collected from this website:
- To provide the products ordered or as otherwise may be disclosed at the point of collection;
- To KnifeArt.com’s service providers in the operations of the business, such as marketing, delivery and information technology;
- To contact website users and/or customers from time to time to provide important information or required notices;
- Limited, Non-identifiable aggregate data is used by our marketing partners to provide business metrics and statistics.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal or contractual rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and risk reduction); and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
How Third Parties May Use Your Data
All data collected will be used in accordance with this policy and the privacy policies of any third party service provider as identified below. Please read these third party privacy policies before using this website.
YOUR RIGHTS, ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OPT OUT
You have the right to ask what personal data KnifeArt.com holds about you at any time. You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that Knifeart.com holds about you free of charge and the right to opt out of any promotional communication that Knifeart.com may send. To exercise any of these rights, please contact Knifeart.com’s Data Protection Officer at the contact information below.
Upon written request and verification of your identity, Knifeart.com will provide you with your personal information in our possession as well as the personal information, if any, that has been disclosed to third parties. Such information may be corrected upon written request.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communication from Knifeart.com by contacting Knifeart.com’s Data Protection Officer.
How to Contact KnifeArt.com’s Data Protection Officer
Knifeart.com has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure the personal data of our customers and website visitors and to comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Knifeart.com uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at our contact page or 501-221-1010
Updates/Changes to Policy
This policy was last updated in July 2018. KnifeArt.com reserves the right to change this policy at any time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to this website and may be made by KnifeArt.com without notice to you. You agree to review this policy frequently so that you will be familiar with these terms. You further agree that each time you use this website that you are, by such use, consenting to the terms of this policy that are applicable at your time of use.